SULZER MARINE DIESEL ENGINE RESEARCH
The article discusses ways to improve engine efficiency in the future in view of the forecast shortages in fuel oil with a reduction in quality as well. Improved combustion, choice of propeller speed and waste heat recovery are considered. The anticipated changes in fuel oil qualities and how to cope with them are dealt with in some detail. A note on environmental loading is included.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- This article is part of a Special Survey by "Sulzer".
IPC Industrial Press Limited33-40 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1R 0NE, England
IPC Industrial Press LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Eberle, M K
- Mikulicic, N
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Combustion; Diesel engines; Diesel fuels; Fuel oils; Oils; Performance; Quality assurance; Waste heat utilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Combustion technology; Diesel performance; Oil quality
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179571
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM