M/T "POLYTRADER". SPECIALIZED TANKER FOR SINGLE-POINT MOORING
The 128,000 dwt vessel is equipped for offshore loading at the "statfjord" field in the North Sea. It has an oa length of 263.70 m, and the propulsion machinery consists of a turbocharged 7 cylinder main engine of the "B&W type 7K90GF" with a maximum rating of 23900 BHP at 114 RPM. The vessel makes a speed of 15.9 knots. Discussion details for the single point mooring arrangement are given, and the mooring operation is explained with the use of diagrams. Order from: NSFI as No. 14605.
Selvigs Forlag A/SRadhusgaten 8, Postbox 162
Oslo 1, Norway
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 4 p.
- NORWEGIAN SHIPPING NEWS
- Issue Number: 6
- TRT Terms: Moorings; Offshore transfer; Single point moorings; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore loading; Ship descriptions (Tankers); Ss polytrader; Tanker moorings
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179548
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM