CAVITATION OBSERVATION TECHNIQUES IN THE NSMB DEPRESSURIZED TOWING TANK
A review is given of the cavitation observation techniques as used in the NSMB Depressurized Towing Tank. Special attention is paid to those observation and recording techniques which are suitable for studying the time-dependent behaviour of propeller cavitation. The paper also includes the description of a method, based on stereo photogrammetry, to determine the topology of the cavity on a propeller blade.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0020868X
- Paper is Publication No. 581 of the Netherlands Ship Model Basin.
International Periodical Press193 Heemraadssingel
- Boshuisen, D C
- Vermissen, AGP
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- International Shipbuilding Progress
- Volume: 25
- Publisher: IOS Press
- ISSN: 0020-868X
- Serial URL: http://www.iospress.nl/journal/international-shipbuilding-progress/
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Mechanical loads; Photogrammetry; Propeller blades; Propellers; Tanks (Containers); Towing devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating propellers; Model testing; Propeller loading; Towing tanks
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179434
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Shipbuilding Progress
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM