NEW CONTAINER HANDLER HIKES MO-PAC CAPACITY AT HOUSTON
The LeTourneau LeTroPorter Model 2582CH container handler is capable of hoisting, lowering and traveling separately and simultaneously, as conditions demand, and has a load capacity with mast vertical of 67,200 pounds. The LeTroPorter posted a gain in the number of containers handled during the first six months of service by more than 110 percent over previous equipment used. The unit has been averaging handling 30 containers an hour and can off-load and load in 90 seconds. The loader's advanced power system utilizes LeTourneau's electric wheel, which has both a DC motor and gear box mounted in the wheel. The machine has fingertip controls, which provide positive load movement and placement, as well as speedy and highly efficient handling operations. The machine also has articulated frame steering which permits 65-degree steering capabitility in either direction. The container handler is fitted with a full-range adjustable spreader, permitting uninterrupted handling of 20- to 40- foot containers.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: p. 12
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Intermodal transportation; Loading and unloading
- Old TRIS Terms: Loading systems; Unloading systems
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179400
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Container News Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM