THE 'NORTHWEST PASSAGE' PROJECT. A MARKET ANALYSIS COVERING PERFORMANCE OF THE PEDESTRIAN INTERCHANGE, 1969-1971
The report includes data collected during a series of passenger surveys (unified, on-train, and platform) relating to the provision of a passageway linking a commuter railroad and a rapid transit station in Chicago, Illinois. The purpose of the surveys was to determine whether or not there had been an increase in passengers who used both the Chicago and North Western Railway and the Chicago Transit Authority rapid transit system, and, if so, to what extent the increase in combination ridership is due to the provision of the passage called the Northwest Passage. The answers to the survey questions are tabulated and analyzed in the report.
Nielsen (AC) CompanyChicago, IL USA
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Pagination: 371 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Corridors; Evaluation; Public opinion; Questionnaires; Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Ridership; Surveys; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Northwest passage project; Passage ways; Pedestrian interchanges; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00039886
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-H-1015
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 2003 12:00AM