Three network models used in transportation system analysis are described. These are: a) the traffic assignment model which routes traffic through a congested network according to one of two optimization schemes, b) an optimal network improvement model which improves link so as to minimize total travel time within a fixed investment budget, c) a model which optimizes network improvements over time. Solution techniques, which include decomposition and nonlinear programming algorithms, are discussed.
- Proceedings of the 16th IEEE Conf Decis Control Incl Symp Adapt Processes and Spec Symp on Fuzzy Set Theory and Appl, New Orleans, Louisiana, December 7-9, 1977.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY USA 10016-5997
- Roberts, E J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 639-644
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Network analysis (Planning); Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00179067
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: n 77CH1269-OCS Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM