INCREASED PROFITS THROUGH FREIGHT CLAIM REDUCTION
A technique of managing Cargo Loss Reduction Programs, stressing the profit motivation is presented. The key feature of the technique is periodic review and evaluation by comparing results (profits) to stated goals. The technique requires only financial and freight claims data available within most companies. Although the examples chosen are for trucking companies, the methodology is applicable to any transportation company.
Mind Three Communications Group1821 Michael Faraday Drive
Reston, VA USA
- Boulay, P F
- Publication Date: 1972-6
- Pagination: 39p* p.
- TRT Terms: Freight claims; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Insurance claims; Loss and damage claims; Losses; Management; Planning; Project management; Reduction (Chemistry); Return on investment; Statistical analysis; Technology transfer; Theft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo losses; Cargo transportation; Freight loss claims; Management methods; Management planning; Reduction; Transfer of technology
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00039878
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 1973 12:00AM