TOWARD AN EFFECTIVE DEMURRAGE SYSTEM
The report summarizes the results of research conducted into the components of the rail car load-to-load cycle and rail car terminal activity, car handling practices and policies of rail customers, and concepts of rail car value. The report further evaluates the effectiveness of the current railroad demurrage tariff in terms of the goal of efficient equipment utilization. It proposes replacement tariff components which deal with the following areas: demurrage application, non-chargeable time, average agreement, claims, and charges.
- Prepared in cooperation with Manalytics, Incorporated, San Francisco, Calif.
REEBIE ASSOCIATESGREENWICH, CT USA
- Ainsworth, D P
- LIBA, C J
- Keale, M J
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 372 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programming; Cost engineering; Data processing; Demurrage; Economic analysis; Freight cars; Freight terminals; Freight transportation; Information systems; Management; Management information systems; Materials management; Optimization; Planning; Railroad transportation; Recommendations; Surveys; Tariffs; Utilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Computer analysis; Management methods; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00039869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-10038
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 2001 12:00AM