TWO-SPEED AXLES FOR LIGHT TRUCKS
A number of features are recommended as essential in the design of a two-speed axle if it is to exert no negative influence on vehicle performance. Such an axle must provide sufficient performance under laden conditions to satisfy the intended use of the vehicle and be compatible with essential options in engine, drivetrain and vehicle rating and provide sufficient fuel economy under the un-laden test condition for the OEM to meet legislated fleet weighted average fuel economy requirements.
- This paper was presented at the SAE Meeting, Detroit, Michigan, February 27-March 3, 1978.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Hobson, D E
- HICKEY, J L
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Axles; Delivery vehicles; Engines; Fuel consumption; Light trucks
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178851
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780099
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1979 12:00AM