PHYSICAL AND GEOMETRICAL DATA FOR SUBWAY SYSTEM COMPONENTS
The report has been prepared under the Institute for Rapid Transit (IRT) project, 'Ventilation and Environmental Control in Subway Rapid Transit Systems,' and is one of many such reports leading to the final product--a handbook on subway environmental criteria, analysis, and control. The report contains the physical and geometric data that characterize the aerodynamic and thermodynamic aspects of subway rapid transit systems. The range of values contained encompass the characteristics of existing and anticipated systems. The use of this data is intended to provide the IRT and its research project with realistic ranges of parameters that must be included in their respective scale-model tests and basic theoretical developments. (Author)
- Prepared in cooperation with Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Quade and Douglas, Inc., and De Leuw, Cather and Company.
KAISER ENGINEERSOAKLAND, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1971-9
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic force; Commuter service; Cooling systems; Environmental engineering; Environmental quality; Escalators; Intermodal terminals; Rapid transit; Structural engineering; Subways; Tunnel shafts; Tunnels; Urban transportation; Ventilation systems; Vents
- Old TRIS Terms: Platforms; Subway environment; Subway railways; Terminal facilities; Ventshafts
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00039842
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-290
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 2003 12:00AM