PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH RAILROAD FILLS AND SUPPORTS
An on-going investigation on rail support material is briefly reported. Triaxial static and repeated loading compression and extension tests on a dolomite ballast are reported and the significance to track design discussed. Model tests using a large scale rail track, ballast, sub-ballast and sand subgrade are reported. The significance to tie and track design of the results is briefly discussed. Further work is required but the results clearly indicate that fruitful conclusions should be forthcoming which would lead to reduced maintenance costs.
- Proceedings of the 5th Southeast Asian Conference on Soil Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand, July 2-4, 1977. Also available from Engineering Societies Library.
Asian Institute of TechnologyP.O. Box 2754
- RAYMOND, G P
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: p. 275-286
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Embankments; Fills; Foundations; Rail (Railroads); Railroad facilities; Railroad tracks; Soil mechanics; Subballast; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00178484
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM