IMPACT OF FUTURE TECHNOLOGY AIRCRAFT ON AIRPORT FACILITIES--THE INTERNATIONAL VIEWPOINT
This paper explores the impact of aircraft on airports from a slightly different viewpoint. The author provides some data on airports other than those in the United States, giving a better perspective on the situation that exists throughout the rest of the world. The author also reviews the international specifications for airports, and comments from the airport engineer's viewpoint on the possible impact of new aircraft.
- ASCE, Air Transportation Division Special Conference: Inst Air Transp Conference Proceeding, Washington, D.C., April 4-6, 1977.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Wilde, K K
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: p. 398-404
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Airport facilities; Airports; Impact studies; Passenger transportation; Research; Specifications; Technology; Transport aircraft; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design
- Old TRIS Terms: Technological development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Passenger Transportation; Research; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM