ENVIRONMENTAL AIRPORT REGULATIONS
The author addressed two topics in this paper. One is a general overview of the current regulation of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) containing the environmental requirements relative to airport development and how this regulation is different in several important respects from the previous one. The second topic is noise -- the major environmental problem facing U.S. airports today -- and what kinds of steps have been taken recently to tackle this problem.
- ASCE, Air Transportation Division Special Conference: Inst Air Transp Conference Proceeding, Washington, D.C., April 4-6, 1977.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Goodwin, J R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: p. 105-118
- TRT Terms: Airport noise; Airport planning; Airports; Development; Environmental impacts; Environmental protection; Legislation; Noise control; Regulations
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Law; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00178460
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM