CLUTCH/COUPLING/BRAKE SYSTEM FOR MARINE DIESEL TRANSMISSIONS
The "twiflex air-start coupling" system recently installed in the twin-engined tug "skelton cross" is described. The vessel has two "ruston 6rk3cm" main engines driving schottel rudder-propellers, and the coupling is said to give smooth, highly responsive control and a large measure of protection from damage caused by propeller obstuctions and other overloads. The control system is dealt with in some detail, and operating experience is discussed. General arrangement of the air-start coupling and schematic arrangement of the pneumatic control system are given.
Diesel Engines Incorporated11225 West Bluemound Road, Box 7406
Milwaukee, WI USA 53213
- STEWART, J
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Clutches; Couplers; Diesel engines; Vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel operation; Pneumatic transmission brakes
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178384
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM