REPORTS ON TANK TESTS AND FULL-SCALE SHIP EXPERIMENT FOR LASH FEEDER BARGE
Using three kinds of model of lash-feeder barges, tests of resistance, towing and forced oscillation were conducted in still water to investigate the effect of the skegs on resistance and course stability of barge. Further, ship motion tests in waves, including observation of the behavior of the barge such as pitching, rolling, yawing, and shipping water (deck wetness) were also conducted to know the limit of wave height that the barge could withstand, and to find out a suitable shape of skeg in view of course keeping quality in waves. Order from: NSFI as No. 14413.
- Also available from British Ship Research Association, BSRA No. 49,016.
Japan Association for Technical Information4-7-107, Yamazaki-cho, Machida City
Tokyo 194-01, Japan
- Nagamatsu, S
- WATANABE, S
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Japan Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering
- Volume: 11
- Issue Number: 2
- Publisher: Japan Association for Technical Information
- TRT Terms: Barges; LASH barges; Motion; Pitch (Dynamics); Resistance tests; Rolling; Slamming; Tanks (Containers); Tests; Towing devices; Yaw; Yaw
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge motions; Barge slamming; Course keeping qualities; Course stability; Model testing; Roll amplitude; Towing tanks; Towing tests
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178374
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM