THE CONTAINER SHIP "TABLE BAY"
The 258,5 m d a long ship has a deadweight capacity of 47257 tons and is capable of carrying 2180 20 ft TEU-units and 256 40 ft TEU-units. A wide raking stern provides for additional stowage area for deck containers. Ship design, outfitting, auxliary machinery, electrical plant and automation systems are outlined. Two "man" diesel engines develope a total of 53280 hp at 122 rpm. Several arrangement, midship section and steel scantling plan are shown. Order from: NSFI as No. 14406.
Schroedter (C) and CompanyStubbenhuk 10
Hamburg 11, Germany
- KURZ, H
- Zischka, H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 19 p.
- Volume: 115
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: Deutsche Bahn AG
- TRT Terms: Containerships; Design
- Old TRIS Terms: General arrangement plans; Ss table bay
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00178373
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM