TOO MANY SHIPS SPOIL THE BOX
The carrying capacity of container ships will increase about 65% within 1977-79, which is getting dangerously close to being analogous to the 1973-77 tanker market. The article presents data on the world fleet of container carrying vessels by type and "TEU" capacity, in service and on order, cumulative growth of fleet since 1957, and age and speed of vessels. Prospects of cutting back capacity are also discussed. Order from: NSFI as No. 14387.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/3601838
National Magazine Company LimitedChestergate House Vauxhall Bridge Road
London SW1V 1HF, England
- Gibney, R F
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo compartments; Containerships; Fleet management; Market surveys; Merchant fleet operation; Merchant marine; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo capacity; Fleet statistics; Market studies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00178369
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM