A PLANNING SYSTEM FOR SHORT-TERM PRODUCTION-FLOW IN ONE-OFF AND SHORT-SERIES PRODUCTION
The Author describes a system, used at the Mathias-Thesen shipyard at Wismar, for planning the short-term flow of prefabricated production in the building of single ships or short series of ships. The system is mainly intended to ensure that prefabricated assemblies are delivered to the building berth at the correct time, despite factors that disturb a smooth production-flow. The system has two "stages": a computer-assisted approximate stage covering the production, ready for the building berth, of a prefabricated assembly, and a second, refined state, which may be computer-assisted or manual, covering each of the small prefabricated sections that comprise the prefabricated assembly. The article explains the principles and practice of the system and its stages, and includes a network plan for the simultaneous production of several different prefabricated assembles and a flow-diagram of the computer program for the approximate stage. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,358.
VEB AutobahnbaukombinatTemplinestrasse 19
- Reissman, J
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Volume: 10
- TRT Terms: Assembly lines; Hulls; Information processing; Planning; Prefabricated structures; Production; Production control; Series production; Shipyards; Subassemblies
- Old TRIS Terms: Flow line production systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00178301
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM