PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGICAL CRITERIA AND METHODS OF OCCUPATIONAL SCREENING OF MOTOR-VEHICLE DRIVERS

As evidenced, individuals in whom the mobility of nervous processes is at a low level are not fit for the vocation of the motor-vehicle driver. A procedure for identifying individuals with a low level of the nervous processes mobility has been worked out for the purpose of occupational screening. It includes; (a) recording of an ECG for 2 minutes at rest in the sitting posture; (b) recording of an ECG for 2 minutes while accomplishing a mental task with the Schulte table (finding red and black figures failing in the Schulte table); (c) calculating from the ECG the pulse rate during 2 min. at rest and while accomplishing the mental task; (d) calculating the shift of the pulse rate under a mental load to that at rest (in percent). A pulse rate shift by not more than 11-12 percent bears proof with a probability of 88 percent to a low mobility level in the examinee, which justifies considering him unfit for the job of a motor-vehicle driver. /Author/

  • Corporate Authors:

    Mezhdunarodanya Kniga

    Smolenskaja Ploscad 32/34
    Moscow G-200,   USSR 
  • Authors:
    • Moldavskaya, S I
    • Zagoradnyaya, V F
  • Publication Date: 1977

Media Info

Subject/Index Terms

Filing Info

  • Accession Number: 00178228
  • Record Type: Publication
  • Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
  • Files: TRIS
  • Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM