ORTHO-PHOTOGRAPHIC DEVICE DEVELOPED FOR DRAWING PLANS FROM PHOTOGRAPHS
A joint research and development project between Hitachi Zosen and the Japan Ship's Machinery Development Association has resulted in the production of the Draft-Camera, a device that can draw plans, such as piping layouts from photographs of the models. The Draft-Camera obtains orthographically-projected photographs from assembled models of piping arrangements or other complicated three-dimensional structures. The photographs are sharp and dimensionally accurate. Using the photographs as drawings, however, calls for a particular techniques of photo-to-drawing conversion which has also been developed. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,292.
Tokyo News Service Limited10 Ginza Nishi, 8-chome, Chuo-ku
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 1 p.
- Volume: 22
- Publisher: Tokyo News Service Limited
- TRT Terms: Drafting; Machines; Pipelines; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Drafting machines; Piping arrangement; Piping design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00178196
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM