HIGH-PERFORMANCE MARINE PROPELLERS--AN OVERVIEW
The high-performance propellers discussed are used to propel such high-performance vessels as planing craft, hydrofoil craft, surface effect ships, etc. These propellers include trans-cavitating propellers, supercavitating propellers, ventilated propellers and partially sub-merged propellers. These are described, and their history discussed.
- This is the text of a paper read at the December 1976 Winter Annual Meeting of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Hecker, R
- Altmann, R J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 72 p.
- ASME Marine Propulsion
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: High performance surface ships; Hydrofoil boats; Hydroplanes; Propellers; Supercavitating propellers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating propellers; Hydrofoil craft; Partially submerged propellers; Propeller design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178195
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM