VENT AND STATION TEST (VST) FACILITY. VENT SHAFT TESTING
The report has been prepared under the Institute for Rapid Transit (IRT) project, one of many reports leading to a final product--the 'Subway Environmental Design Handbook'. The purpose of this particular report is to present, describe, and interpret the quantity of test data generated in the VST Facility for vent shafts. Junction coefficients for a wide range of vent shafts are presented and compared to theory. Recommendations are made.
Developmental Sciences, IncorporatedAerospace Technology Division
City of Industry, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Graphs; Mathematical models; Pneumatic conveyors; Rapid transit; Simulation; Subways; Training simulators; Tubing; Ventilation systems; Vents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental data; Model tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Graphs charts; Rapid transit railways; Subway vent shafts; Tube systems; Tube vehicles
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039819
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-290
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 2003 12:00AM