IMPLEMENTATION OF THE DISCRETE ADDRESS BEACON SYSTEM (DABS) SENSOR
To alleviate many of the problems encountered by existing Air Traffic Control Radar Beacons (ATCRBS), an interoperable discrete-address beacon system concept is under development. A summary is presented of the basic function of the DABS equipment, the principal functional requirements for the major subsystems, and implementation approaches. Particular emphasis is placed on the modular, distributed computer system and its associated software.
- IEEE Proceeding of the National Aerospace Electron Conference, NAECON '77, Dayton, Ohio, May 17-19, 1977.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Lockherd, R M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: p. 713-722
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control radar beacon system; Air transportation; Applications; Computer programs; Computers; Implementation; Mode S; Radar; Radar air traffic control; Traffic control
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Research;
- Accession Number: 00177433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77CH1203-9 NAECON Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM