SUBWAY ENVIRONMENTAL SURVEY MASSACHUSETTS BAY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
The report, prepared under the Institute for Rapid Transit (IRT) project, is one of many such reports leading to a final product--a subway environmental design handbook. It presents information gathered on actual operating conditions in the Boston subway system, including the various environmental areas of temperature, humidity, velocity, pressure, odor, environmental equipment, noise, and vibration.
- Prepared in cooperation with Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Quade and Douglas, Inc. and Kaiser Egnineers.
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60601
- Publication Date: 1971-9
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Environment; Environmental engineering; Handbooks; Humidity; Information systems; Interviewing; Noise; Odors; Passenger transportation; Pneumatic conveyors; Pressure; Rapid transit; Statistics; Subways; Surveys; Temperature; Tubing; Velocity; Vibration
- Identifier Terms: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Geographic Terms: Boston (Massachusetts); Massachusetts
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys; Handbook development; Noise sound; Tube systems; Tube vehicles
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039807
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-290
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 2003 12:00AM