SUBWAY ENVIRONMENTAL SURVEY SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
The report, prepared under the Institute for Rapid Transit (IRT) project, is one of many such reports leading to a final product - a subway environmental design handbook. It presents information gathered in an extensive interview in southeastern Pennsylvania, including the actual operating conditions, of temperature, humidity, velocity, pressure, environmental equipment, noise, and vibration.
- Prepared in cooperation with Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Quade and Douglas, Inc. and Kaiser Engineers.
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60601
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; City planning; Environment; Environmental engineering; Handbooks; Humidity; Information systems; Interviewing; Noise; Passenger transportation; Pneumatic conveyors; Pressure; Rapid transit; Statistics; Subways; Surveys; Temperature; Tubing; Velocity; Vibration
- Identifier Terms: Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria
- Geographic Terms: Pennsylvania
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys; Handbook development; Noise sound; Tube systems; Tube vehicles
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039806
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-290
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 2003 12:00AM