UK CUSTOMS MOVES INTO THE CONTAINER ERA
New procedures announced by UK Customs are expected to result in dramatic reductions in clearance times for containers arriving at British ports. Importers can now look to release of containers from customs control in hours rather than days. This article provides a detailed explanation of these new procedures and their implications for port users.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/3601838
National Magazine Company LimitedChestergate House Vauxhall Bridge Road
London SW1V 1HF, England
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Containerization; Data communications; Delivery service; Electronic data interchange; Freight documents; Imports; Information processing; Shipping
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo delivery; Computerized cargo data; Containerized cargo; Import controls
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00177097
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Containerisation International
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM