DEVELOPMENT AND TRIALING OF HMCS BRAS D'OR. AN OPEN OCEAN HYDROFOIL
Presents a review of the Canadian program directly related to the constructing and trials of HMCS BRAS D'OR, an open ocean hydrofoil. It summarizes the history of the designing, constructing, and trials of the vessel. The hull layout, foil configuration, and machinery arrangement are discussed in some detail. Practical operating experience and some results obtained during the trials conducted throughout the program are also described.
- Paper for the meeting March 26-30, 1972.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Fischer, K E
- Callow, M J
- Publication Date: 1972-3-26
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Hydrofoil boats; Hydrofoils; Performance; Ship trials
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil craft; Hydrofoil performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00039779
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap 72-GT-70
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1973 12:00AM