D&RGW CONSOLIDATES CTC... WITH A STRONG ASSIST BY TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Denver & Rio Grande Western has consolidated dispatching at four CTC consoles in a Traffic Management Center in downtown Denver. The entire 1800-miles of railroad is controlled from this single point with a microwave linkup that involves voice and data communication, connection with the railroad's computer and monitoring equipment to assure the full-time integrity of the system.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Centralized traffic control; Data communications; Dispatching; Information processing; Microwave communication systems; Telecommunications
- Identifier Terms: Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad Company
- Old TRIS Terms: Microwave systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00177033
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM