ALTERNATIVE CLOSED-CYCLE GAS TURBINE SYSTEM DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS FOR SHIP PROPULSION APPLICATIONS
The general requirements and constraints applicable to propulsion engines for advanced ships are reviewed, and major design variances from the traditional land-based closed-cycle gas turbine power systems are identified. The potential impact of these system requirements and design variances will have on the selection of thermodynamic and mechanical design alternatives applicable to the power conversion system are evaluated, and some trade-off considerations, including the domain of optimal system design, are discussed.
- Presented at Meeting April 9-13, 1978.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Kuo, S C
- Shu, H T
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Papers
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Design; Engine cycle; Gas turbines; Propulsion; Ships; Thermodynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Closed cycle
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00176856
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78-GT-18
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM