OPERATING EXPERIENCE WITH THE GAS TURBINE POWERED LNG/ETHYLENE CARRIER "LUCIAN"
This paper briefly describes the vessel and her propulsion machinery, with particular emphasis on those features which are unique to this application. The operating experiences acquired during the last two years are then reviewed. Operating problems encountered with the propulsion machinery are discussed in depth, as are the solutions developed to resolve them.
- Presented at Meeting April 9-13, 1978.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Naesheim, K
- Rowen, W I
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Papers
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Gas turbines; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Performance; Propulsion; Ships; Tankers; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Propulsion machinery; Ss lucian; Tanker propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00176854
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78-GT-35
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM