COMPRESSOR SEPARATELY DRIVEN GAS TURBINE FOR MARINE USE
Discusses the design study of a new gas turbine cycle for marine use. General characteristics of the cycle are investigated by simple calculations and a design study of a 40,000-hp power plant is presented. Evaluating this power system, an 80,000-hp high-speed container ship is taken as an example and is compared with diesel engine propulsion.
- Paper for the meeting March 26-30, 1972.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Tamaru, S
- Fujimoto, H
- Publication Date: 1972-3-26
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Gas turbines; Propulsion
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00039770
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap 72-GT-45
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1973 12:00AM