FINITE-DIFFERENCE SCHEMES COMPARED FOR WAVE-DEFORMATION CHARACTERISTICS IN MATHEMATICAL MODELING OF TWO-DIMENSIONAL LONG-WAVE PROPAGATION
The wave-deformation characteristics of several difference schemes for two-dimensional long-wave propagation are compared by means of the propagation factor introduced by J.J. Leendertse. The schemes compared are those proposed by N.S. Heaps, R.O. Ried and B.R. Bodine, J.J. Leendertse, and M.B. Abbott, respectively. The study also demonstrates the differing behavior of explicit and implicit schemes.
Army Coastal Engineering Research Center5201 Little Falls Road, NW
Washington, DC USA 20016
- Sobey, R J
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Finite differences; Mathematical models; Technology; Wave measurement; Wave motion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00039759
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 32 Tech Memo
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1973 12:00AM