RUNNING TESTS OF A FLAT CAR TRAILER CARRIER AND A THREE LEVEL AUTO CARRIER ON THE BURLINGTON RAILROAD
This test report discusses the program and results which investigated dynamic action for a flat car trailer carrier and a tri level auto carrier. In addition to the interaction of the cars, clearances, stability and riding quality were also tested.
Chicago, IL United States 60605
- Publication Date: 1962-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile rack cars; Deflection; Dynamic loads; Equipment tests; Flat cars; Motor vehicles; Railroad cars; Ride quality; Rocking; Specifications; Spring; Stability (Mechanics); Technology; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral dynamics
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Car rocking; Spring deflection; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00039701
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ER-17 Res Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM