SOME IMPORTANT RESULTS OBTAINED DURING THE ANALYSIS OF NEAR MIDAIR AND MIDAIR COLLISIONS
EINIGE WICHTIGE ERKENNTNISSE BEI DER ANALYSE VON KRITISCHEN ANNAEHERUNGEN UND ZUSAMMENSTOESSEN
The report deals with theoretical studies concerning the analysis of near midair and midair collisions under visual meteorological conditions. The applicability of the rules of the air for pilots approaching a powered glider or flying in the critical area between converging courses and overtaking is studied. The effectiveness of horizontal evasive manoeuvres in this area is examined using some examples. Retrictions on a pilot's ability to see an approaching aircraft caused by meteorological phenomena, too small dimensions of the aircraft, the workload of the observing pilot, and by opaque structures in his cockpit are discussed.
- WEBER, O
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pilots; Air transportation; Air transportation crashes; Aircraft; Airports; Approach; Aviation safety; Cockpits; Meteorology; Midair crashes; Passing; Prevention; Safety; Traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft safety
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Geotechnology; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00174333
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 77-25
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM