NEW TYPE OF OFFSHORE TERMINAL
This article briefly describes the main features of the Single Leg Anchor Storage System (SALS) developed by Single Buoy Moorings Inc. to the order of Shell Espana. The first unit is now operating in 117 metres of water in the Mediterranean, north of Valencia. A second SALS is to be installed at Exxon's Pulai field off Malaysia. Among the advantages of this new offshore terminal are that it is no longer necessary to place a production platform above the well, the output of which is transferred to shuttle tankers. When the well is exhausted the terminal can be transferred to a fresh location. Order from BSRA as No. 48,088.
IHC Holland2 Marconistraat, Box 6141
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Ports and Dredging & Oil Report
- Publisher: IHC Holland
- TRT Terms: Anchoring; Moorings; Offshore terminals; Offshore transfer
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore loading
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00174228
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 95
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM