NEW ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVES FOR THE TAIWAN RAILWAY ADMINISTRATION
The Taiwan Railway Administration has purchased 74-2800 kw, six-axle electric locomotives for freight and passenger service from the General Electric Co., U.S.A. The catenary voltage is 25 kv, 60 Hz. The track gage is 1067 mm (42 in.). The locomotives are double-end with full width cabs, and have a nominal weight of 96 metric tons (35,280 pounds per axle) and a maximum speed of 110 km/h (68 mi.h). Propulsion power is notchless and provided by phase-control of thyristors. Thirty-five of the units have a 3 phase, 440 volt, 60 Hz, 350 kw motor-alternator for trainline coach power.
- Presented at the 1978 Joint ASME/IEEE/AAR Railroad Conference, April 11-13, 1978, St. Paul, Minnesota.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Moon, C G
- Rawson, R H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 25-30
- TRT Terms: Electric locomotives; Electric power conditioning; Locomotives; Narrow gage track; Railroad electrification; Thyristors; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: Taiwan Railway
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00173789
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78CH1345-8 IA Tech Pap.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM