MAN-MACHINE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM FOR TRANSPORT CONTROL: TRIP
An on-line computer-aided man-man communication system for train regulation is proposed here. Additional delay due to queuing of trains is derived. Two kinds of performance measures for train regulation are related to additional delay. Based on each measure, either of two different functions for train regulation is assigned to each dispatcher. By computer-aided communication among dispatchers, they can coordinate their own measures and then regulate trains.
- Presented at the 1978 Joint ASME/IEEE/AAR Railroad Conference, April 11-13, 1978, St. Paul, Minnesota.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- MORI, K
- Tsuboi, A
- Ihara, H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: p. 41-46
- TRT Terms: Dispatchers; Dispatching; Information processing; Operations; Queuing theory; Traffic delays; Train operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Train delays
- Old TRIS Terms: Dispatcher's tasks; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00173787
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78CH1345-8 IA Tech Pap.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM