LNG FOR CALIFORNIA
In its diverse efforts to supplement California's existing natural gas sources, Pacific Lighting Corporation, in partnership with Pacific Gas and Electric Company, has become committed to the development of two large-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) base load projects which will utilise the domestic gas resources of South Alaska and the vast foreign reserves of Sumatra, Indonesia. These additional gas supplies are sought primarily to relieve the risk of curtailment to California's firm customers. This paper presents a current overview of these two LNG projects including discussions of specific developments in receiving terminals and ship adquisition.
- Presented at the Gastech 76 LNG & LPG Conference, New York, October 5-8, 1976.
Gastech Exhibitions Limited,
- Terry, R G
- Aspland, J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: p. 33-42
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economics; Environmental impact analysis; Freight transportation; International trade; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; LNG pipelines; LNG terminals; Ships; Surveys; Trade; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys (Lng transportation); Lng economics; Lng trade; Lng transportation
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173736
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Gastech 76 Proceedings
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM