APPLICATION OF THE GIPS PROGRAM SYSTEM FOR AN ACTIVE GRAPHIC DISPLAY UNIT AND A DRAUGHTING MACHINE
Since 1973, the graphic display system at the computer centre at the Institute of Shipbuilding, Rostock, has been used in a number of applications with the graphic interactive program-system GIPS. After a description of the equipment and program-system, the Author describes and discusses some of these applications under the headings: 1. Data Verification and Correction. 1.1 Check of control tapes for numerically-controlled milling of propellers at the Dieselmotorenwerk, Rostock. 1.2 Verification of data for the numerical description of ship geometry. 1.3 Digitising of diagrams. 2. Control of Programs and Variation of Parameters. 2.1 Analysis of the engine/shaft/propeller vibration-system. 2.2 Hull vibrations. 3. Design--Graphic and Interactive System for the Design of Printed Circuit Boards. Several conclusions are drawn on the capabilities of the system, and some practical advice is included on its use. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,639.
- Special Number for the Symposium "Rationalisation of Technical Preparation for Production in Shipbuilding", held in Rostock, April 1976.
Institut fuer SchiffbauWismarsche Strasse 617
25 Rostock, Germany
- Rogmann, N H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Volume: 15
- Publisher: Institut fuer Schiffbau
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computer graphics; Engines; Graphics; Hulls; Numerical control; Propeller shafts; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine vibration; Graphic displays; Hull geometry; Hull vibration; Numerical control systems; Propeller shaft vibration
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173722
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM