POSITION OF EDP APPLICATION IN THE DESIGN TECHNOLOGY OF HULL-PRODUCTION PREPARATION
ESFE/F the computer-aided system that the Institute of Shipbuilding, Rostock, has developed for obtaining, in preparation for production, the required geometrical data relating to a hull and its components and for providing control information and data-carriers for numerically-controlled production machinery, has been introduced, in stages, since 1971. By the end of 1975, it was in use in four major East German shipyards, where it had been used in the production of many thousands of structural components and nested plates, and in shell-plate development. The capabilities of the system are stated to correspond with those of systems such as AUTOKON, BRITSHIPS, CASDOS, SCHIFFKO, HIZAC, and ASTER. The paper, which includes a flow diagram of ESGE/F showing its various modules and other constituents, describes the structure and characteristics of the system, discusses its advantages, and lists some intended further developments, which include changing over from the CDC 1604-A computer (for which the system was designed) to the ES 1040. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,637.
- Special Number for the Symposium "Rationalisation of Technical Preparation for Production in Shipbuilding", held in Rostock, April 1976.
Institut fuer SchiffbauWismarsche Strasse 617
25 Rostock, Germany
- Cyriaks, K
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Volume: 15
- Publisher: Institut fuer Schiffbau
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computers; Hulls; Naval architecture; Numerical control; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipyards; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull geometry; Numerical control systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00173721
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM