COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN OF (REFRIGERATED) PROVISION INSTALLATIONS
The Author, of the VEB Kuhlautomat Berlin, describes a program package written in ALGOL for the R 300 computer and consisting of nine programs for use in the design of refrigeration installations for ships' provisions. The programs, which can be used separately, cover the basic thermal calculations for the installation (a modified form of this program is also available for refrigerated cargo spaces), the division of the provision compartments into separate groups (one to three groups, as required), the choice of main components (compressors, condensers, etc., from East German sources), the dimensioning of the main pipelines (including pressure-loss calculations) and other necessary tasks. There are also five service and auxiliary programs. The main programs are described in some detail, and certain limitations of the present computer (the R 300) are briefly discussed. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,638.
- Special Number for the Symposium "Rationalisation of Technical Preparation for Production in Shipbuilding", held in Rostock, April 1976.
Institut fuer SchiffbauWismarsche Strasse 617
25 Rostock, Germany
- Fuchs, W
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Volume: 15
- Publisher: Institut fuer Schiffbau
- TRT Terms: Compressors; Computer aided design; Computer programs; Computers; Condensers; Naval architecture; Refrigerated cargo; Refrigeration systems; Stowage; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00173719
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM