A DESIGN METHOD FOR CONVENTIONAL AND UNCONVENTIONAL PROPELLERS
In recent years several unconventional propellers, such as warped and loop-bladed types, have been developed to obtain better propulsive performance. A design method, based on a nonlinear acceleration potential, for such unconventional as well as conventional propellers is described. In evaluating a triple singular integral numerically, several steps have been taken to simiplify the computation without sacrificing the accuracy. Several design examples are also included. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,725.
- Proceedings of International Seminar on Ship Technology, held in Seoul, February 10-14, 1976.
- Pien, P C
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Design methods; Performance; Propellers; Propulsion; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller design; Propulsive performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173668
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 8 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM