THULELAND. AN ICEBREAKING BULK CARRIER FOR BROSTRUM
The 34.556 dwt vessel has an LOA of 185.90 m, and a single low-speed diesel engine gives a speed of 15.25 knots at 15.200 bhp. The vessel features double skins and smooth-plated sides for the holds. It is capable of navigating in ice up to 1.00 m thick without the aid of an icebreaker. General arrangement is shown.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Cargo ships; Ice navigation; Icebreakers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Ss thuleland
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00173626
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM