MPX--A NEW MULTI-PURPOSE MARINE OIL FROM BURMAHCASTROL
The oil, designated "MPX" and available in "SAE" ratings of 20, 30 and 40, is designed as a crankcase lubricant for two-stroke crosshead main diesel engines and for trunk piston generator sets burning distillate fuel. It is also suitable for certain steering gears, turbochargers, oil-filled stern-tubes and for gearboxes not requiring an extreme-pressure oil. Principal characteristics and test results are reported.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Gears; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel lubrication; Diesel operation; Gear lubrication
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00173620
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM