INTERMODALISM TOPS $1-BILLION
As railroad intermodal revenues top $1 billion annually, the opportunity for solid trains of containers and trailers is opening new approaches to loading, handling and unloading. The new linehaul concepts are striving for faster train makeup, lower tare, lower center of gravity and lower air resistance. The innovations being studied are summarized.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Container on flat car; History; Intermodal services; Piggyback transportation; Trailer on flat car; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; History; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00173372
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Progressive Railroading
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM