HAMLET ALICE--FIRST IN A SERIES OF MULTI-PURPOSE VESSELS FROM BURMEISTER & WAIN
The 12,500 tdw multipurpose vessel "Hamlet Alice" has a length oa of 132,90 m, a beam of 20.50 m, a draft of 9.10 m and is powered by two Btu/Alpha type 12U28LU diesel engines each developing 2880 bhp at 750 rpm giving a service speed of 15.5 knots. The design of the vessel, which incorporates a transom stern and a bulbous bow, facilitates the carriage of bulk commodities, general cargo, unitised and roll-on/roll-off cargo. The roll-on/roll-off cargo is loaded/unloaded via a stern ramp.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
Benn Brothers Marine Publications LimitedLyon Tower, 125 High Street, Colliers Wood
London SW19 2JN, England
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; General cargo ships; Roll on roll off ships; Ships; Ships by motive power; Unitized cargo
- Old TRIS Terms: Hamlet alice; Multipurpose ships; Ship descriptions (Multipurpose); Stern ramps
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173133
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM