NEW SERIES OF CONTROLLABLE-PITCH PROPELLERS FOR 350 TO 10,000 HP
The Gerb. Becker Company has introduced a series of seven four-bladed c.p. propellers covering the power range from 350 to 10,000 metric hp. They can be supplied with the hub and blades made from manganese bronze, manganese/nickel bronze, or complex aluminium-bronze. Pitch-changing is effected hydraulically under electronic control; pneumatic, hydraulic, or mechanical remote-control can also be fitted. The servo-motor is housed in the hub; the hydraulic oil enters the propeller shaft at its forward end (via the reduction-gear driven shaft in the example shown in the article). The system can be controlled from up to five different positions, and is arranged for 16/24-hr unattended operation. The installation complies with all Classification Societies' and ice-class requirements. The article, which describes the propeller and lists its features, includes a diagram of the hydraulic system, which was developed jointly with Sperry Vickers. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,332.
Seehafen-Verlag Erik BlumenfeldCelsiusweg 15, Postfach 1347
2000 Hamburg 50, Germany
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 1 p.
- New Ships
- Publisher: Seehafen-Verlag Erik Blumenfeld
- TRT Terms: Controllable pitch propellers; Hydraulic equipment; Propellers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulically controlled propellers; Propeller design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172962
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM