ASSEMBLY STANDS AND JIGS FOR THE PRODUCTION OF HULL SECTIONS--EXPERIENCES TO DATE IN THE SHIPBUILDING INDUSTRY
Descriptions, with sketches, are given of some assembly stands, jigs, and associated equipment used in the production of hull sections in East German shipyards. They include several types of this equipment used in the assembly and welding of double-bottom sections and flat and curved grillages. Although it is difficult to draw general conclusions from experience with this equipment, several requirements and criteria are mentioned for its future development. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,327.
VEB AutobahnbaukombinatTemplinestrasse 19
- Schultz, E
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Volume: 9
- TRT Terms: Equipment; Hulls; Shipbuilding; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull assembly; Hull welding
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00172959
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM