HIGH OUTPUT WAVE ACTIVATED GENERATOR
A proposal for a vertical, oscillating-type, wave-activated generator is presented. The operating principle, which has previously been described, is that when the natural frequency of a body floating on the surface of the ocean is equal to that of the waves, that body will resonate and absorb the energy of the waves, vertically oscillating in an amplitude ten times greater than the height of the waves. Following the success of model tests with the device in an experimental tank, sea trials are now being carried out with a 22-ft model having a power output of 5 kilowatts. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,412.
Tokyo News Service Limited10 Ginza Nishi, 8-chome, Chuo-ku
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Volume: 22
- Publisher: Tokyo News Service Limited
- TRT Terms: Natural frequency; Resonance; Tanks (Containers); Towing devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Natural frequencies
- Old TRIS Terms: Model testing; Resonance phenomena; Towing tanks; Wave generators; Wave making analysis
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00172957
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM