OK COUPLINGS IN THE WORLD'S LARGEST TANKER "BATTILLUS"
The SKF oil-injection coupling OK 750 HB is described. The type enables two shafts to be connected by means of a very powerful interference fit; no flanges or keyways are used. One of these couplings is used on each of the 750-mm dia. propeller shafts of the 550,000-dwt tanker Batillus. They were chosen because of their compactness and the speed with which they can be mounted and dismounted. Each is capable of transmitting a torque of 11,000 kNm, which is ample for the maximum torque of 3,000 kMm required for each drive shaft in the Batillus. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,346.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03081664
Ball Bearing (Australia) Proprietary Limited168 Kings' Way
South Melbourne, Victoria 3205, Australia
- Queneherve, B
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 2 p.
- BALL BEARING JOURNAL
- Publisher: SKF (UK) LIMITED
- ISSN: 0308-1664
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Shafts (Machinery)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Couplings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172955
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 191
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM